Pages

Thursday, February 08, 2007

17 Years Ago, Today

17 years ago, the body of Amy Mihaljevic was discovered by a jogger named Janet Seabold in a wheat field on County Road 1181 in Ashland County, around 7:30AM. Her killer still remains at large.

What's interesting is Amy's body was most likely dumped there the night before, although she had been dead for some time. It appears she was killed a couple days after her abduction on October 27, 1989, but her body was kept somewhere relatively cool, but away from the elements. Like a fishing cabin or a hunting lodge. So, why did her killer move the body?

Is there something that happens every year at this time that would cause this person to get more attention? Or maybe this week is when the cabin starts to get used by other people again. I don't know. I'm sure there was a reason in this person's mind for moving her body today. Any thoughts?

Also, The Ashland Times-Gazette has a great article about the case--and the book--on the front page of their paper today. It's written by Irv Oslin, who is quite a character himself. You can read it here: http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/1577942

The Ashland County coroner and prosecutor take a couple below-the-belt shots at me. Sounds like they're scared of that mandamus writ coming down the pike.

Check back soon. I've been contacted by another girl who may have received a call from Amy's abductor a few weeks before Amy's abduction. She has some interesting things to say which I'd like to share with you.

-James Renner

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, The article in the Ashland Times Gazette says you are going to be in Ashland on March 8th, can you give us some more details please.

James Renner said...

I will be giving a presentation about the case and answering any questions from the audience. Should be informative. I'm looking forward to it.

anonymous said...

I have a very interesting story. The story comes from when I was about 11 years old in the end of October of 1989. Try to contact me in some way. Just an interestin story. May be purely coincidental...

Anonymous said...

Mr Renner, you yourself were young when this terrible tragedy occured. Yet I believe you as many of us just want the answers and the truth. I read the article in the paper. Instead of being a positive to the work you have done it was not. Are you stepping on someones toes in the book?

Anonymous said...

James will you be posting the time and location that you will be down here?

Anonymous said...

I wrote on the blog earlier, and said I have a very interesting story. I'm hoping that somebody else reading this may have heard this too. So I decided to just go ahead and put it on the blog. In the end of october of 1989, I was eleven. My family lived out in the country, I'm not going to post the road, but out near Mapleton High school. My sister and I were in bed one night, and all of the sudden we heard a girl screaming "oh my god,stop" over and over again. We ran to tell our parents, and we went outside, and they heard it, but not near as clear or loud. However, they called the police. The police claimed they searched the area, did not find anything, but said it was probably just some kids on a hayride. We heard this very clear. To us, it was not a hayride.The scream still haunts us to this day. I also believe my parents were contacted by the FBI. Maybe it was a hayride. But what we could never figure out was, why did we hear just one voice, and it was not a fun scream, it was a scream of pure terror.

Megan said...

Responding to one of the many "anonymous"... Of course he's stepping on peoples toes. If something he comes across sheds light as to who killed Amy then won't law enforcement look completely inadequate and foolish if a jounralist could do it? Also, working in the legal arena, people in this field are VERY territorial about cases, especially such high profile ones. Any journalist digging around and asking questions isn't going to be well-received. I commend Mr. Renner for sticking to it and not giving up. It's amazing how much attention this story is receiving since the release of the book.

Anonymous said...

James,
First let me tell you that I think what you are doing here is a wonderful thing. This needs all the attention it can get. This is a tragedy. Mrs. Rogers and the Emery's actions are disturbing to me as a county tax payer and voter. You have to understand some of the elected down here like to think they have control of the world, and they are better than the citizens that make there salaries. It has been this way for years. As far as Mrs. Emery, she is a secretary. In a perfect world everyone would do anything they could to shed more light on this case for the family to get it solved. It would be different for sure if it were there child I am sure. Keep up the good work and hopefully the next election we will have a new coroner and prosecuter and we can then oust Mrs. Emery and you may get the information that you deserve. Keep up the good work, as well as any updated information.